Carefully, read the following before filling out your application.
To start your process to receive Higher Education funding you must
Step 1. Determine if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Must be an enrolled member of the Gila River Indian Community.
- Must have a High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Must be accepted into an accredited College or University.
- Must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Step 2: Determine deadline to submit application and/or meet with a Student Services Advisor.
- Call 520.562.3316 to schedule an appointment with a Student Services Advisor.
The applicant is responsible for meeting all deadline dates to be considered for financial assistance. The applicant is also responsible for following up and ensuring Student Services receives all valid documents on or before the designated deadline dates.
Hand-delivered applications packets must be received in our office by the deadline date. Mailed applications must be sent via certified mail and postmarked by the deadline date. Faxed application packets will not be accepted.
A completed application must contain the following in order to be considered for the Gila River Indian Community Scholarship Program:
- •A completed and signed application.
- • 200 word essay summarizing your educational goals and future plans. Essay must be signed and dated.
- •Certificate of Indian Blood dated within 30 days of the application; must be original provided by Gila River Indian Community Enrollment Office.
- •Copy of admission or acceptance letter from educational institution.
- •Copy of Program of Study.
- •Copy of class schedule for upcoming semester/term.
- •Copy of Student Aid Report (SAR), which is generated 1-3 days after the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) is completed.
- •Copy of High School Diploma or GED scores.
- •Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges, universities and/o vocational schools regardless if it was not funded by the Higher Education Program.
Click here to download application packet